Superpower: The Power to Read People's Minds

 Hearing Inside 

Our contemporary society is always thinking 

I always see people looking at me

then I start to overthink. 

These looks sometimes seem mean,

Or do not mean anything.

I can be ambivalent about these things- it is hard going based on looks. 

Suddenly, I got this funny feeling in my gut.


Through my ears, I could hear these voices,

Getting louder and louder. 

No one else could hear them except me.

Just by looking at anyone, I knew what they were thinking.

And I could feel myself changing.


The hardy people were quiescent on the outside. 

And I was sensing what was going on in each mind. 

I could only assume that this one person was a narcissist.

A guy seemed mean and like a misanthrope, as he thought poor about humankind

There were some arid minds.

This mental power allowed me to hear some palatable thoughts. 


Mentally I was listening to people overthinking,

A ponderous person worried about how they looked.

Others worried about what people think about them,

Just like I was before having this power. 


I figured out that everyone is egotistical

I know their thoughts now.

It was time for me to stop overthinking.

There is no need to question what people think of me.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dialogue Blog: "You first."

Living My Best Life