Dialogue Blog: "You first."

 “You first."

“No, you first because you were the one who insisted on getting a piece of cake.”

“We both want a slice right now.”

“I am too scrupulous to do this, but I guess cutting a piece can’t hurt.”

“How is the cake?”

“It’s not too sweet or acrid, which makes it good.”

“I am glad it is as it is Dad’s birthday today, and we need the cake for the celebration.”

“Yeah, we hardly ever do anything special for him.”

“Dad has been stoical about things, but we all can tell what’s going on with his chronic condition.”

“I don’t think one piece missing from the cake will be that big of a deal to him.”

“Wait… are you not going to get a piece?”

“No, I am not.”

“It was rancorous for you to do this to me, but I will forget about this.”

“The birthday card we got Dad creates an illusion that is appealing to the eyes and 

the largess of our present to him will make his day.”

“I need to abridge some of what I said in the card.”

“No need for that right now because I just heard that the piece I ate was specially made for Dad.”

“The party setup is opulent, so I am sure dad will forget about his missing piece.”

“No, he won't... your condescending attitude got us into this mess, now get us out of it.”

“Me telling the truth will vindicate you once and for all.”

“Hopefully, what you did helps us.”

“It will because I went first this time.”


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Superpower: The Power to Read People's Minds

Living My Best Life